- To make pesto sauce, blend together basil leaves, cheese, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, salt and pepper. Use a tablespoon of water if required to make the paste.
- Store Pesto Sauce in a clean and dry jar in the fridge or use it immediately.
- Boil water in a saucepan and add a pinch of salt to it. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions till al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and add a tablespoon of olive oil over the pasta, toss nicely and set aside.
- Heat tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pesto sauce and stir for few seconds.
- Add the boiled pasta, sun dried tomatoes and olives. Mix nicely. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the pasta.
- Serve Classic Basil Pesto Pasta immediately with a slice of bread.
Note: If you find pesto too thick then reserve ⅓ Cup of water in which pasta was boiled and use it later to bring the sauce to the right consistency.
Enjoy your meal!