- Start off by preheating the oven to 180°C.
- While that’s warming up, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté till tender. Set this aside for the mashup that’ll happen soon.
- To prepare the dry mix, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Toss in the dried oregano, red chilli flakes and parmesan cheese for that flavourful punch.
- When that’s done, prepare the wet mix. Take another bowl and combine the buttermilk, extra virgin olive oil, melted butter, and egg and whisk it nice. Keep a few napkins handy because things can spill out.
- Make a well atthe center of the dry mixture and add the wetmixture toit, stirring until it’s just moist. Be careful not to over mix. Fold in the onions with the star of the show- the DelMonte Black Olives!
- Spread the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until atoothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Once the pan is cool to touch, remove the bread from it.
Let the aroma of your freshly made bread fill the house while you relish every bite.