- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil leaving an overhang on each side and grease with butter. Keep this aside.
- Let the blueberries take over! Make the filling by combining the Del Monte Blueberries with sugar, water, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring the blueberry mix to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar has melted and the blueberries are mushy. Let it cool down.
- Now for the biscuit base! In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar & baking powder.
- Add the butter & egg and mix well until the mixture is crumbly and resembles wet sand.
- Put about two thirds to three quarters of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press it down with your hands so it tightly holds its place. Pour the blueberry mixture on top of it.
- Take the remaining flour mixture, add the brown sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Crumble this remaining dough over the blueberry mixture.
- Your crumble bars are ready to be placed in the oven! Bake for about 45 minutes, until you see the blueberries bubbling and the crumble layer turning golden. Allow it to cool down to room temperature. Then, cut it into squares, or any shape you like.
Yum! Those blueberries certainly take away the blues, don’t they?