- To start off, rinse the rice till the water runs clear of starch. Soak it in water for 15 minutes. Then, drain the soaked rice and transfer it to a bowl.
- Boil water in a large pan with some salt. When water comes to a gentle boil, add the drained rice and stir so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. Smokey flavour isn’t what we are looking for here.
- When the rice becomes al dente (80% cooked) or just cooked, turn off the heat and drain rice in a colander. Be careful as the pan’s pretty hot.
- Rinse boiled rice with regular water and let it sit in the colander for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, get some oil to warm up in a wok over medium heat. Add chopped white onion, garlic and stir fry them over high heat for few minutes.
- Time for the yummy DelMonte corn kernels! Fry them on high heat for 5 minutes but be careful not to over fry them.
- Toss in the broccoli. Make sure to continuously stir while frying so that the vegetables are uniformly cooked and maintain that crunch without getting burned.
- Now for the Chinese essence! Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper. Now add rice and stir-fry for a few minutes till everything is evenly combined.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped spring onion greens, making it a feast for the eyes and your tastebuds.
Isn’t the aroma making you hungry? Plate up and grab some big bites.