1. Start off with preheating the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Then, grease your 8x8 inch pan and set it aside for a while.
3. Now take a bowl and mix together the sugar, the baking powder and the all purpose flour in it.
4. Add lemon zest, salt, butter and egg and with the help of a pastry cutter or fork, mix them into the flour. Keep mixing till the dough is crumbly.
5. Put half of the dough into the prepared pan.
6. In another bowl, mix together ½ cup sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 and 1/2 tsp cornflour. Now, add in the DelMonte cranberries, the star of the show.
7. Once nicely blended, spread your cranberry mixture evenly on top of the crust and dust the remaining dough on top like a garnish.
8. Let’s get baking! Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. If your crust is lightly browned, it’s time to take your dish out.
9. Once done, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
10. Finally, cut them into squares or any other shape and serve.
Don’t you just love licking the oozing cranberries?