For Spicy Cranberry Sauce:
- To begin with, soak the DelMonte Cranberries in 1½ cup of hot water and cover them. Keep this mixture aside for 1½ to 2 hours.
- After your cranberries have soaked and freshened up, add them along with green chilies and garlic into a blender and blend it to a fine paste.
- Then, transfer this cranberry paste into a wide bottom pan. Add another cup of hot water, red chili flakes, lemon juice, lemon zest and a tablespoon of butter.
- Time to get the mix boiling. Cook until it reaches the sauce consistency as per your desire.
- For a dash of sweetness, add some sugar to the sauce and mix well. Cook for another couple of minutes and take it off the heat.
- Now, keep it aside to rest.
For Grilled Cilantro Citrus Chicken:
- Now that the sauce is ready, it’s time for the chicken! Combine melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, orange juice, green chili, cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well.
- Now, add the chicken breasts to the prepared marinade, cover and keep it aside for 30 minutes. Let it absorb those beautiful flavours.
- Heat the grill pan and coat the pan with butter. Grill the marinated chicken breasts from both the sides until nicely brown and then take it off the pan. But hold back from digging in just yet!
- Arrange your golden grilled chicken on a platter topped with the spicy cranberry sauce and serve it along with the roasted veggies. If you want, you can also add some more cranberry sauce on the side.
Pull out your knives and forks and enjoy every bite!
NOTE: You can keep the consistency of the sauce as you like. If you would like to preserve the sauce, add ½ tablespoon of vinegar along with the sugar and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes. Then cool it and transfer to a clean airtight jar. You can preserve it under refrigeration easily for 3 weeks.