Del Monte Eggless Mayo (Bottle)know more
Enjoy this delicious snack Potato tornado served with green chutney and garlic mayo dressing. Made with pantry staple ingredients, this dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. Serve it warm with Del Monte garlic mayo dip.
|4||mediums sized potatoes|
- Prepare Dressing- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients listed under dressing & spices above- Del Monte Garlic Mayo, salt, chilly powder, pepper, cumin powder, ginger paste, melted butter, and cornflour.
- Prepare the Potatoes- Wash and peel the skin of potatoes. Insert the skewer lengthwise from the middle of the potato. With a sharp knife, start slicing the potato from one end. Don’t slice it till the middle to cut the piece away, slice until it's slightly at the middle, and keep rotating the potato as moves along slicing to create a spiral slice.
Carefully open the half joined slices to create an open spiral on the skewer.
- Dress the potatoes- Using a brush or spoon, coat the spiraled potatoes generously with the dressing prepared on all the sides.
- Shallow Fry- Heat a flat saucepan with some cooking oil (enough to just cover the base of the pan) and place each of the potato tornadoes in the heated oil. Keep rotating the spiral to evenly cook the potatoes on all sides until it takes a crispy, brown color.
- Serve- Serve hot and crispy with some green chutney, extra Del Monte Garlic Mayo on top, sprinkle of some fresh coriander and dried oregano, and couple it with sliced veggies like cucumber and carrot for the perfect evening party snack.
1. Peel the potatoes raw with a peeler or remove directly while washing. Would not recommend using potatoes unpeeled.
2. Potatoes once peeled can start turning purple/black quickly. Keep them immersed in water with some added lemon juice/vinegar until they are coated with dressing and cooked.
3. While cutting the potatoes into a spiral, make sure to use a sharp knife, place at an angle with one hand, and moving/rotating the skewered potato with another hand while all the time keeping it intact on the surface. Recommend to do it very carefully to avoid any dangers of cutting yourself.
4. The spices in the recipe can be adjusted to increase or decrease as per your preferred flavors.
Enjoy your meal!