- In a non stick pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, let it crackle and add whole cumin, saute for 5 seconds and add chopped garlic and slit green chilli. Saute for 10 seconds & add sliced onion. Saute till onions are soft.
- Add pinch of turmeric & little chopped coriander, saute for couple of seconds.
- Add left over rice and mix well.
- Toss it in between.
- Add ketchup to the rice & mix well.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
Chef s Tip : Don’t use too much ketchup as it will make rice soggy.
Variations : You can use ketchup as an accompaniment as well and by not adding while cooking.
Enjoy your meal!